Our mission is to be catalysts to assist Thai Christian churches and organizations to multiply and to thrive in fulfilling the Great Commandment, Great Commission, and the Great Jubilee.
The Great Commandment
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”
The Great Commission
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
The Great Jubilee
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”
Three Dogmata of the Christian Faith
These Three Dogmata are the Essential Core Beliefs of the Christian Faith. All three dogmata are indispensable and necessary for an organization to be considered truly Christian. As a para-church organization, we work with all Christian organizations that affirm the Three Dogmata of the Christian Faith. All missionaries and Board members of the Thailand Methodist Mission believe and affirm the Three Dogmata of the Christian Faith.
Dogma One: We believe in ONE true, holy, and living God, who reveals Himself as the Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, distinct but inseparable, eternally one in essence and power. We believe that Jesus Christ is truly and fully God and truly and fully man.
Exodus 20:2-3, Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14, 1 Peter 1:1-2, Hebrews 1:8, Titus 2:13, John 20:28, Colossians 2:9, John 1:1-14
Dogma Two: We believe that we are saved from our sin through a repentant faith alone in Jesus Christ alone. Jesus Christ died on the cross to pay the price for our sin. We are not saved by good works or making merit, but only through a repentant faith in Jesus Christ.
Ephesians 2:8–9, John 14:6, Acts 4:12, Galatians 1:9
Dogma Three: We believe that the books of the Bible, Old and New Testaments, constitute the Holy Scriptures. They are the inspired Word of God, the ultimate authority on all spiritual matters, and superior to all human authority, and have been transmitted to the present without corruption of any essential doctrine.
2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21, Joshua 1:8
- Our mission has eternal significance so we must seek to be as fruitful as possible.
- The funds we receive belong to God and have been given to us in trust by God’s people, therefore:
- Financial accountability and complete transparency with mission funds is expected;
- Mission funds belong to the Lord, and we must use funds in the most fruitful way possible.
- Our focus is on reaching people who permanently reside in Thailand.
- We seek to recruit spiritually mature Christians who are called to serve long-term in Thailand.
- Long-term missionaries are more fruitful because they learn the language and culture of Thailand and are able to network with Thai Christian leaders who do not speak English (which is the vast majority of Thai people).
- Long-term missionaries must be responsible for a ministry.
- Thai Christians make the best leaders for Thai churches and ministries. Our goal is to train Thai Christians to do the ministry that we do.